Monday, February 7, 2011

"I Reminisce"





Yo, Happy Monday readers. In case you aint' know...every Monday I reminisce about something I miss in the game...a player...a team...a moment...anything. Last week it was the homie J-Will and his days in Sac-Town. This week..."I Reminisce" about the 2006-2007 Golden State Warriors Team. My most favorite NBA Team of all time, the Warriors of 2006-2007 were sick. Led by the homie Baron Davis, they were the most exciting team to watch in basketball and this team was ridiculous. The squad in 06-07 was stacked man; Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Al Harrington, Mickael Pietrus, Matt Barnes, come on man, all those versatile players on one team? These dudes used to run and gun like no other team in the league. I got NBA League Pass for my birthday just so I wouldn't have to miss a Warriors game. This was the year they made that mid-season trade that shook things up for them when they bought in Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington from the Pacers for Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy. Yeah...my bed-room; full of Baron Davis and Warriors posters and pictures...and when the playoffs came around...boooy. They locked in the 8th seed and had to face the number 1 seeded Mavericks. I remember I taped every single game, stayed up late screaming at my TV, one of the best playoff series' I've ever seen in my life. No 8th seed team had ever beaten a 1 seed in a 7-game series, but the Warriors posted too many match up problems for the Mavs. They were the first 8th seed to do it...they took down the 1. Baron Davis was a hero and the savior of Golden State, Stephen Jackson was throwing up three fingers, Jason Richardson was splashing three's and dunkin' on cats, Monta Ellis was a young blur in the open floor, it was magic. Not to mention the second round when the Warriors faced the Jazz...and Baron had that ridiculous ass dunk on Kirilenko...the best dunk I've ever seen in my whole life. I remember I woke Moms up when it happened...was the first time she'd ever heard me swear. 2006-2007 Golden State Warriors...I Reminisce.


No comments:

Post a Comment